Join The Club

OK one book a month for the year 2010. Lets see how far I make it this time.
Please give me suggestions for future books to read.


The Walking Drum

June Book

Louis L'Amour
Primarily known for his western novels, L'Amour has written over 100 works. He has been considered one of the world's most popular writers and I have never read one of his books. My brother M.Jay has read a ton of them though and he says that "The Walking Drum" is by far his favorite.
One of the things I like about this guy is that it seems he has lived a lot of stuff he writes about. Living a simple country life and serving in World War II he has been around.

4 comments:

  1. oh snap! I will go get my copy soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If anyone is actually keeping up with this I am sorry to say I messed up. I didn't finish and even barely started "The Walking Drum". I'm still going to finish it, but I need more time. I got caught up in the "Ender's Series. So I'm still good on my goal for at least one book a month, in fact I read 2 books this month, but it wasn't the ones I said I was going to read. By the way if you've read Ender's game I definitely recommend the rest of the series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike, we couldn't get a hold of Walking Drum. Sorry about that. I just finished I book I want to recommend, though. It's called The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins. I read it in a few days because it was really engrossing. You should give it a try, although there's a waiting list for it at the library. My copy isn't due until June 18, if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am only half way done with this one! grrrr... It seems I read and read and don't get anywhere in it!! I am half way enjoying it though. I get tired just by reading about how smart this guy is getting...

    ReplyDelete