Join The Club

OK one book a month for the year 2010. Lets see how far I make it this time.
Please give me suggestions for future books to read.


Angels & Demons

April Book

Dan Brown
This guy actually started in music. He is a song writer and pop singer with his own CD. He also seems to work with his wife a lot. His biggest book is the Da Vinci Code. It has the same main character, Robert Langdon, as in Angels & Demons. His books deal with a lot of facts intertwined in fiction.
His next book is about Freemasons, and is called "The Solomon Key"



After reading this book I'm excited to go and see the movie that is coming out in May. Once again anyone who wants to join me is welcome.

6 comments:

  1. Okay! I went and got my copy last night! I am stoked and excited I stumbled across your book club blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I don't do very good at the reading thing, but I am listening to it on the i-pod now. So far I am liking it. I just started today so I am excited to see what happens next. This is Josh by the way, not Meagan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finished this a while ago but never wrote anything. First off I thought this was a really fun read. So many interesting facts put together to tell such an interesting story. I honestly can't understand how Dan Brown puts all that factual info together so well. However I didn't exactly love how he wrote. I found a lot of stuff predictably unpredictable. I kept guessing where he was going. Also it was overly dramatic at times. Don't get the wrong idea by those last comments though because I really liked this book anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found that Dan Brown cheats a bit in the way he arranges his chapters. He puts the most exciting parts at the start and end of each chapter, while the middle is relatively dry. This makes it hard to put the book down, because each time you reach the end of a chapter there's a cliffhanger that makes you want to keep reading. It's like a literary soap opera.

    I thought the book was a great read, but I sure lost a lot of sleep while reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT BOOK. I even got the cafeteria worker to read it. LOL
    I was COMPLETELY surprised at the way it ended up but was pleased. What a great mind Dan has to write stuff like that! I now what to visit the Vatican City! I will add that to my bucketlist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I finished over a week ago and enjoyed it a lot. I do agree with your comments though Mike. Lot's of predictably unpredictable stuff. Good stuff though.

    ReplyDelete